[AMC-List] Grrrrr

Time short: type fast.

Frank thanks for almost clearing up the Javelin bumper question for me
but wasent 73 the year all cars had to have a front 5 mph bumper?
<<

Frank -did- (with documentary assistance) clear up the question quite well; AFA '73 legislation, get a copy of DOT HS 805 866 (now obsolete, so not online) and then

After a 2 1/2 week hiatus from the grill resto job I have to get cracking on that as I have 1 month to finish it and install it for the Ardsley AMC show june 4'th. I needed a break from the grill job. Luckily all the plastic repairs are done and it is 90% sanded down now. I can't begin to tell you what a tediously boring time consuming job this grill has been. Oh I guess I have. :-)~
<<

take a brake from grilling for a tediously boring time consuming job: reed al abut whut hapened wit Javilin bompers an rit bak onn whu yu red.

http://tinyurl.com/zrrke

http://tinyurl.com/zxuvr

http://www.grilleguard.net/

http://epage.com/js/mi/1809589.html

http://tinyurl.com/nfk3d

http://www.grillgods.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1229&itemType=HOME_PAGE

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=grill

Second gen Jav/AMX got several safety passes because its fate had been pre-ordained --- it had no life after MY '74 --- completely unlike the [far older] 10 and 80 (sedan and wagon) bodies.  Two of the facts that well read [both senses] AMC historians have not made clear are that 1) the '71 redesign (doors and some glass saved) took a -lot- more money than it returned, and 2) the '74 Ambassador sedan and wagon were -not- booked for burial just one year after donning new clothes.  Check out what the Matador and Ambassador rhinoplasties did -not- share.  Check out that the new dash was actually designed for the Ambassador (which explains why it had little to "console" [Matador coupe] sports sorts) because the Matador was supposed to get a unique interior (which was supposed to be more curvy [like Pacer] than straight [like Cadillac].

Had the first all-new ('72) Matador coupe (which was smaller [112" WB] and sportier [more "European"] than both the '67 Delta design and the '74-up NASCAR-draft machine) been built and the Pacer-stretch midsize four-door sedan and five-door wagon followed, the old 122" Ambassador would have been facelifted yet again, and, given Cadillac content for Caprice-like MSRP, sold until 1979 or 1980; when AMC planned to build its own FWD "big and bigger" bodies --- very much in recent GM idiom.

All AMC experts should know cold what GM made from its W platform and what C, G, K, and H bodies have in common --- even if it makes their eyes hurt.  AMC, too, could have done more than simply stretch hoods ahead of cowls, and it would have, had it had enough time and money.  That's why Pacer was more than just the latest Nash/Rambler/AMC joke.

Much more could be said.

>>friend with a '61 Fleuris convertible (removable hardtop with a rag

If, in AMC, that's Floride and not Fregate (last year built was 1960),

http://storm.tocmp.com/renaultfloride.htm

she can join in a caravan, er, Caravelle.

http://www.renaultcaravelle.com/

I have to sit in on a dress rehearsal at 3:30 and be ready at 5:30 to ride to the country club for dinner, so must split and run.  It's sad that America now is a laughingstock (check Roper's National Geographic literacy poll) and that America doesn't build many "I can't wait for a ride!" new cars.  Outside a few exceptions like Corvette etc., we don't build one single "Wow!" wagon.  The guy I'm riding with just got a new black wagon.  AMC?  Buick?  Chrysler?  Ford?

Audi.

Sad.