[AMC-List] (no subject)

One thing I forgot to mention is that these after market valve covers do
have a little bit thicker gasket. I noticed right off the bat when I went to
do the one on the Eagle wagon. I dont know why that is. I purchased a valve
cover gasket from the local NAPA parts strore and it was pretty much a hunk
of junk compaired to the ones that come with the valve cover. It will work
fine if you want to replace junk with junk. When I have to pull the one in
my Gremlin, I will have to order one (gasket) directly from Clifford
Performance and I am not sure how the contact cement will come off, with out
taking off the paint.  I have learned from the school of hard nocks and
experience how to do these damn things. That plastic valve cover on that
Eagle was the biggest joke that I have ever seen. They warp and why would
someone want to spend the money for somthing that will do the same thing
when you can spend just a little more for somthing that will be a far better
product??

Bill Renshaw Lewiston Idaho
AKA Brother B.
AMC'S RULE.....the rest just drool like the dogs they are.
1973 Gremlin X "clone" (project)
1970 Original Hornet "plain jane"
1974 Matador Coupe "Parts car"