Re: [AMC-List] steering gear ratios, was Re: Two Requests

On Mon, 2006-05-01 at 15:14, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> a low boost high effort/feel setup with a lot of caster would help a
> lot to offset the twitchiness.

True enough. My steering box is sloppy, so it'll be replaced probably a
year from now. I'd like to pick lower boost, or even run manual. I don't
mind the steering effort; the Rambler wagon seems like 50:1, a 18" wheel
and is still a lot of effort when not moving; I don't mind. The Hornet
is smaller and lighter, and one less set of drippy hoses, grindy pumps,
clutter and complexities suits me just fine. I'll probably stick with PS
though out of sheer laziness.

> " A fast box would be great autocrossing,
> " but who on this list turns corners with the gas pedal down?
>
> <raises hand>  meee!  meee!

Do you autocross?