Re: [AMC-List] Restoring Plastic Emblems With Modeling Skills.

Re: [AMC-List] Restoring Plastic Emblems With Modeling Skills.

Nick the dehydrator is vented at the top and I have the temp adjusted to
110 degrees, the exposed element is barely warm. The emblem is so small
it doesn't matter. The model car bodies I bake have 10 times the surface
and paint on them. This is an everyday practice in model building and I
have never heard of an explosion. I been doing this for over 8 years. I
use it to speed up the drying of paint on small parts for my real car.
The metal Hornet fender emblems were barely warm. I some times bake 3
model car bodies at a time for 3 day's straight. I just did the blue for
the R/W/B emblem insert and it is baking now. Tomorrow it gets the red
and the day after the clear. Force drying is needed when using enamel to
speed things up.
"Doc"