Re: [AMC-List] Various Axles - S-10 Axle Option!!

Re: [AMC-List] Various Axles - S-10 Axle Option!!

The only thing I wish I could have kept out of my 01 Crewcrap S-10 was it's rear axle! 3:73 posi, Disc brakes with the internal emergancy brake setup!
   It was a fairly common setup under the Crewcab 4X4. All that I looked at when I bought it new had the 3:73 in them, discs brakes standard, Posi optional, but most dealers ordered them with the posi. Search for a totalled 4X4 crewcab S-10. If your buying steel wheels look for a dual pattern wheel, or have it redrilled to 4 1/2" from the 4 3/4" GM pattern.
  I wish I'd have measured the width of the axle before getting rid of the truck.
Second tank of gas almost gone on the Dakota, Still getting better mileage with the 4.7 5 speed than the 4.3 auto did in the S-10!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net