Re: Today's Drive (Blog)

Great story Joe! You forgot me though. I drive PK (my 63 Classic, 4.6L) every day back and forth to work. Well, when the weather's good and I don't have to take anything in to work (or have PT that day -- wear my PT gear in and take my uniform) I ride my motorcycle. Can't ride the bike in shorts and a T-shirt!

You should look into getting the TBI system from a later model 2.5L. That would solve all your problem with the carb ;>  Only problem is you need a pre 87 system (maybe pre 90 if on an S-10). 87 and later cars have the distributorless ignition system. You'll have to have a setup with a distributor. The DIS has a sensor that extends through a hole in the side of the block and a sensor wheel cast/machined into the crank.

On November 1, 2005 JOE B FULTON wrote:

> There are other AMCs in daily use, I know.  They are
> few but still there.  Tom Jennings in LA updates us on
> the performance of his "new" Hornet in a 50 mile
> one-way commute and has gone far and wide in his 63
> Classic wagon.  My friend Shelby uses his Pacer wagon
> with the fuel injected heart of a Jeep six and another
> friend Jim uses his 73 Javelin daily.

<SNIP>